Категория: Английский язык
Asking for and giving directions
1. Asking for and giving directionsSpotlight 5
Учитель: Литвинова Н.С.
2. How can we ask directionHow
do I get to …?
What's the best way to …?
Where is …?
Can you tell me the way to…?
How can I get to…?
Can you tell me how to get to…?
Could you tell me how to get to…?
Excuse me. Is there a…around here?
3. Giving directions
Go straight on (until you
come to …).
Turn left/turn right
Идите прямо (пока не
Take the first/second road on
It's on the left/right.
Near, next to
answer the questions:
1.Where did the woman
want to get?
2. Did the man give the
3. Did she understand the
sentences are true or false:
1. The bakery is opposite the square.
2. The florist’s is between the toy shop and the music shop.
3. Art Gallery is on the corner of Bath Street and Eldon Road.
4. Cinema is next to the clothes shop.
5. Supermarket is opposite the cafe.
6. Fast Food Restaurant is near the Book shop.
7.The Book Shop is on the Bath Street.
correct name of the building:
1.Go along Eldon Road, turn the first turn on the right. It’s the second
building on your right.
2. Go up Berry Street, turn left on Eldon Road, go past Toy Shop. It’s on
3. Go down Alma Street, turn right on Eldon Road. Pass Bath Street. It’s
opposite the Bakery.
near, opposite, on.
The Bakery is ….the Supermarket.
The Square is ….the Bakery.
The Cinema is ….the Café and the Newsagent’s.
Fast Food Restaurant is ….the corner of Eldon Road and Berry Street.
Art Gallery is ….the Music Shop.
The Bakery is near (next to) the Supermarket.
The Square is opposite the Bakery.
The Cinema is between the Café and the Newsagent’s.
Fast Food Restaurant is on the corner of Eldon Road and Berry
5. Art Gallery is near (next to) the Music Shop.
from the dialogue and guess what
it is about.
• Excuse me, is there a fast food
restaurant near here?
• Where exactly?
• Can you tell me where the cinema
• On my left?
• You can’t miss it.
Act out dialogues asking for/giving directions from:
• the bakery to the newsagent’s
•The bookshop to the café
• the music shop to the chemist’s
• the toy shop to the square
• the chemist’s to the supermarket