Defination of commerce
2. Name: mahmoud salah• ID :20152234
3. Defination of commerce• The exchange of goods and services for money
• Consits of :
1. Buyers : these are people with money who
want to buy a good or service
2. Sellers : these are the people who offer
goods and service to buyers.
3. Producers : these are people who create the
products and services that sellers offer to
4. Defination of e-commerce• E-commerce or electronics is a process of
buying or selling or exchange product ,
services ,and/or information via electronic
networks and computers
5. Brief history of ecommerce• 1970
• E-commerce meant the facilitation of
commercial transactions electrnically , using
technology such as electronic data
interchange (EDI) and electronic funds transfer
(EFT) , allowing businesses to send
commercial documents like purchase orders
or invoice electronically.
6. 1980s :
The growth and acceptance of credits cards
Automated teller machine (atm)
Airline reservation system .
7. 1990s:• The internet commercialized and user flocked
to participate in the form of dot-com, or
• Innovative applications ranging from online
direct sales to e-learning experiences .
8. In 2000s:• Many european and american business
companies offered their services through
world wide web .
• Since then, people began to associate a world
9. Process of ecommerce• Consumer use web browser to connect
• Consumer surf the complete catalog of
products freaturedon the site and select item
to purchase . The selected item are placed in
electronic equivalent of a shopping cart.
• Consumer buy via debit card and credit card
and mention the shipping adress
10. Process of ecommerce cont.• When the consumer is ready to complete the
purchase of selected items, she provides a billto and ship-to address for purchase and
• Then the merchant receive this order , he
checks the payment and sends goods to
12. Electronic payment system• Electronic wallet : a computerized value that
hold credit card information, electronic cash ,
owner identification, and address information
• Credit card
• Debit card
• Smart card
• Online banking and cash on delivery .
14. 1- business to business• B2b stands for business to business .
• It consist of largest form of ecommerce .
• This defines that buyer and seller are 2 different
• It is similar to manfacturer issuing goods to the retailer
• E.G. : DELL deals computers and other associated
accesssories online but it is does not make up all those
product . So in govern to deal those products , first step
is to purchases them from unlike businesses i.e. the
producers of those products .
15. 2- business to consumer• It is the taking businesses and consumers
• The basics concept of this model is to sell the
product online to consumers .
• B2Cs is the direct trade between the company
and consumer, it provide direct selling through
• For example : if you want to sell goods and
services to customer so that anybody can
purchase any product directly from suppliers
16. 3-customer to business• Consumer to business ecommerce is defined
as commerce between customers and
• Example : a customer posts his project within
budget online and company review customers
requirement and bid on the project .
consumer review bid and selects a company
that will complete the project .
17. 4-consumer to consumer• There are many sites offering free classifieds,
auctions and forums where individual and buy
and sell products to online payment system
like paypal where people can send and receive
money online with ease .
• Ebay auction services is a great example of
where person-to-person transactions take
place everyday since 1995.
19. Advantage of e-comerce• Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to find
• Buying/selling 24/7 .
• More reach to customers, there is no theortical
geographic limitation .
• Low operation cost and better quality of services
• No needs for physical company set-ups.
• Easy to start and manage a business .
• Customers can easily select products from different
providers without moving around physically .
20. Disadvantage of e-commerce• Unable to examine products personally
• Not everyone is connected to the internet
• There is the possibility of credit card number
• Mechanical failure can cause unpredicable
effects on the total processes.
21. conclusion• The internet has leads to the brith and evolution of
e-commerce .E-comerce has now become a key
component of several organization in the daily
running of their business .
• As the internet and in turn , E-commerce has
developed , and continues to evolve and grow, it is
vital that any organisation , it vital that any
organization ,in any particular industry , must base
its strategic planning around such rapidly growing