XI Paralympic Winter Games
1. XI Paralympic Winter GamesPERFORMIED:
2. The Paralympic Games-The Paralympic Games
is a major international multi-sport event, involving athletes with a range
(e.g. paraplegia and quadriplegia, muscular dystrophy, post-polio
syndrome, spina bifida), impaired passive range of movement, limb
deficiency (e.g. amputation or dysmelia), leg length difference, short
stature, hypertonia, ataxia, athetosis, vision impairment and intellectual
impairment. There are Winter and Summer Paralympic Games, which since
the 1988 Summer Games in Seoul, South Korea, are held almost
immediately following the respective Olympic Games. All Paralympic
Games are governed by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC).
3. The Paralympic Winter Games held in2014 in Sochi
4. Sports and venueComplex Biathlon,
competition in cross country
skiing and biathlon "Laura"
Skiing Ski resort "Rosa Khutor"
Kёrlingovy center " Ice Cube"
competitions for complex
cross-country skiing and
Sledge hockey Ice Arena
" puck "
6. Paralympic Winter Games MascotsRay and Snowflake become a mascots
7. The Paralympic Winter Games medals
8. Kinds of sports
9. Medal standings
10. The results of the winter Paralympic Games in the opinion of the professionals, participants, spectatorWinter Paralympic Games in Sochi have broken records of all previous
Paralympics on snow and ice kinds of competitions in the number of
participants and intensity of wrestling, as well as in terms of media coverage
and sell tickets.
547 athletes from 45 countries competing in five sports. More than 2,400
representatives of the media outlets from around the world arrived in Sochi to
illuminate Events Winter Paralympics 2014 The competition has sold more than
300,000 tickets, which is a new record for the Winter Paralympics.
President of the International Paralympic Committee, Sir Philip Craven called
the Paralympic Winter Games in 2014 the most successful in the history of