1. Kyokushinkai Karate
punches, kicks, elbow and knee strikes and
open-handed moves such as chops.
• Some styles also have grabs and throws.
3. ‘Kyokushinkai’ in Japanese
• A student must not wear rings, earrings or
other accessories during a training: it may
5. Karate uniform
6. Colors of karate belts by rank
exam: it has tests for technique, strength and
endurance, karate theory and philosophy.
Student and master ranks are given for life.
the “One hundred battles” test. During it, a
fighter should endure a hundred combat
rounds with constantly changing partners. The
total length is almost thre and a half hours of
• Only 15 people ever passed that test, and one
of them is Russian.
should remember that this is not a path of
cruelty and anger.
• A martial art teaches discipline, self-control
and calmness. Every student takes a vow to
never use one’s strength and skills for evil.