1. Ruin (Руїна): famous Ukrainian crisis
2. The Ruin (Ukrainian: Руїна) is a historical term that was introduced by the Cossack chronicle writer Samiylo Velychko(1670-1728) and covers the period of Ukrainian
history of the second half of 17th century.
3. . The Ukrainian saying of the time: "Від Богдана до Івана не було гетьмана" (From Bohdan to Ivan there was no hetman) —. The Ukrainian saying of the time: "Від Богдана до Івана не було гетьмана"
(From Bohdan to Ivan there was no hetman) — accurately summarises the chaotic
events of this period.
Monument in Kyiv.
4. The Ruin started after the death of hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky in 1657.Monument of Bohdan Khmelnytsky in Nikopol, Dnepropetrovsk
region, Ukraine. The place of Nikitinska Sich.
5. Right-Bank Ukraine in the 17th and 18th centuries.
6. Left-Bank Ukraine in the 17th and 18th centuries.
7. Beginning of the Civil WarThe Pushkar-Barabash Mutiny
8. Reasons of the RuinSergei Vasilkovsky «Elections of Martyn Pushkar before the uprising.»
9. Results:- The attempt to create a Ruthenian
Cossack state failed.
- Ukraine was partitioned between
Russia and Poland along the Dnieper.
- Poland lost the left bank, was
weakened and went into decline.
- Russia expanded to the south and
somewhat to the southwest.
- There was a major shift of Ruthenian
population from the devastated right
bank to the left bank and Sloboda
Ukraine, thereby increasing the area
under peasant agriculture.