V8 engine. Node.js uses an event-driven, nonblocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and
efficient. Node.js' package ecosystem, npm, is the
largest ecosystem of open source libraries in the
application framework that provides a robust set
of features for web and mobile applications.
Express.js is used for creating server side of web
4. How to install?$ npm install express
6. Advantage of EXPRESS.JS1.
Has simple syntax .
The biggest community.
A lot of modules.
5. Express.js is creation of
7. Frameworks built on ExpressSeveral popular Node.js frameworks are built on Express:
o Feathers: Build prototypes in minutes and production ready real-time apps in days.
o ItemsAPI: Search backend for web and mobile applications built on Express and Elasticsearch.
o KeystoneJS: Website and API Application Framework / CMS with an auto-generated React.js
o Kraken: Secure and scalable layer that extends Express by providing structure and convention.
o LoopBack: Highly-extensible, open-source Node.js framework for quickly creating dynamic
end-to-end REST APIs.
o Sails: MVC framework for Node.js for building practical, production-ready apps.
o Bottr: Framework that simplifies building chatbot applications.
8. Express or not Express ?
9. Let’s write some code
10. Simple server on Express.js
11. Testing server
12. Some abstruse word for adventurous• Middleware
• Pattern Front controller
• Pattern MVC
• Pattern Chain of responsibility
• Views (Partials & Layouts)
• Error handling