Do you know english literature?
1. Do you know English literature?DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH
2. What was the first name of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple?WHAT WAS THE FIRST NAME OF
AGATHA CHRISTIE’S MISS
3. How are the sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy described in the title of an 1868 novel?HOW ARE THE SISTERS MEG, JO,
BETH AND AMY DESCRIBED IN
THE TITLE OF AN 1868 NOVEL?
4. Who is the wizard in The Hobbit?WHO IS THE WIZARD IN THE
5. Which Ray Bradbury novel opens “It was a pleasure to burn”?WHICH RAY BRADBURY
NOVEL OPENS “IT WAS A
PLEASURE TO BURN”?
6. Who wrote the Twilight series of novels?WHO WROTE THE TWILIGHT
SERIES OF NOVELS?
7. Who wrote the Booker Prize winning novel The Life of Pi?WHO WROTE THE BOOKER
PRIZE WINNING NOVEL THE
LIFE OF PI?
8. In which George Bernard Shaw play are Professor Henry Higgins and Eliza Doolittle central characters?IN WHICH GEORGE BERNARD
SHAW PLAY ARE PROFESSOR
HENRY HIGGINS AND ELIZA
9. In which famous novel does Edward Fairfax Rochester play a significant role?IN WHICH FAMOUS NOVEL DOES
EDWARD FAIRFAX ROCHESTER
PLAY A SIGNIFICANT ROLE?
10. Which John Steinbeck novel revolves around the characters Lenny and George?WHICH JOHN STEINBECK
NOVEL REVOLVES AROUND
THE CHARACTERS LENNY
Of Mice and Men
11. Who is the youngest recipient of a Nielsen Book Platinum Award, for selling one million copies, for her book PS I Love You?WHO IS THE YOUNGEST
RECIPIENT OF A NIELSEN
BOOK PLATINUM AWARD, FOR
SELLING ONE MILLION
COPIES, FOR HER BOOK PS I
12. Who wrote the book The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?WHO WROTE THE BOOK THE
STRANGE CASE OF DR
JEKYLL AND MR HYDE?
13. Who wrote the science fiction novel Brave New World?WHO WROTE THE SCIENCE
FICTION NOVEL BRAVE NEW
14. Name the beautiful young man who becomes the subject of a portrait by society painter, Basil Hallward?NAME THE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG MAN
WHO BECOMES THE SUBJECT OF A
PORTRAIT BY SOCIETY PAINTER,
15. Whose real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens?WHOSE REAL NAME WAS
16. What was the street address of Sherlock Holmes?WHAT WAS THE STREET
ADDRESS OF SHERLOCK
221B Baker Street
17. Anne Elliot is the heroine of which Jane Austen novel?ANNE ELLIOT IS THE
HEROINE OF WHICH JANE
18. In literature which 1719 book has gained wide acceptance as 'the first English novel'?IN LITERATURE WHICH 1719 BOOK
HAS GAINED WIDE ACCEPTANCE AS
'THE FIRST ENGLISH NOVEL'?
19. Who wrote the seminal 1936 self-help book How to Win Friends and Influence People?WHO WROTE THE SEMINAL 1936
SELF-HELP BOOK HOW TO WIN
FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE
20. Who was the youngest of the three Brontë writing sisters?WHO WAS THE YOUNGEST OF
THE THREE BRONTË WRITING
21. What was the pen-name of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson?WHAT WAS THE PEN-NAME OF
22. Stanley Kubrick successfully requested the UK ban of his own film based on what Anthony Burgess book?STANLEY KUBRICK SUCCESSFULLY
REQUESTED THE UK BAN OF HIS OWN FILM
BASED ON WHAT ANTHONY BURGESS BOOK?
A Clockwork Orange
23. Which pioneering American poet and story-teller wrote The Fall of the House of Usher?WHICH PIONEERING AMERICAN
POET AND STORY-TELLER
WROTE THE FALL OF THE HOUSE
Edgar Allen Poe
24. What were the respective family names of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?WHAT WERE THE RESPECTIVE
FAMILY NAMES OF SHAKESPEARE'S
ROMEO AND JULIET?
Montague and Capulet
25. Which literary character has a landlady called Mrs. Hudson?WHICH LITERARY CHARACTER
HAS A LANDLADY CALLED MRS.
26. Which Dubliner wrote “Dracua”?WHICH DUBLINER WROTE
27. Whose treasure was buried in Treasure Island?WHOSE TREASURE WAS BURIED
IN TREASURE ISLAND?
28. In which book would you find a Heffalump?IN WHICH BOOK WOULD YOU
FIND A HEFFALUMP?
29. What did Professor Challenger bring back from the “Lost World” to prove that it existed?WHAT DID PROFESSOR CHALLENGER
BRING BACK FROM THE “LOST
WORLD” TO PROVE THAT IT
30. In Washington Irving’s story published in 1819, which war did Rip van Winkle sleep through?IN WASHINGTON IRVING’S STORY
PUBLISHED IN 1819, WHICH WAR DID
RIP VAN WINKLE SLEEP THROUGH?
the American war
31. What famous 1818 novel had the sub-title 'The Modern Prometheus'?WHAT FAMOUS 1818 NOVEL HAD
THE SUB-TITLE 'THE MODERN
32. Which novel opens with this sentence “You don’t know about me, without you have read a book by the name “The adventures of Tom Sawyer”, but that ain’t no matter’.WHICH NOVEL OPENS WITH THIS
SENTENCE “YOU DON’T KNOW
ABOUT ME, WITHOUT YOU HAVE
READ A BOOK BY THE NAME “THE
ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER”, BUT
THAT AIN’T NO MATTER’.
The Adventures of
33. Which novel begins "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife..."?WHICH NOVEL BEGINS "IT IS A TRUTH
UNIVERSALLY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT
A SINGLE MAN IN POSSESSION OF A
GOOD FORTUNE MUST BE IN WANT OF
Pride and Prejudice
34. "Reader, I married him," appears in the conclusion of what novel?"READER, I MARRIED HIM," APPEARS
IN THE CONCLUSION OF WHAT