Категория: Английский язык
Made by Andrey Maksimov, 5a
of England and the United Kingdom.
It stands on the River Thames.
It was founded by the Romans, who named it Londinium.
3. The London EyeThe London Eye is a
giant Ferris wheel on
the South Bank of
Thames in London.
Also known as
4. Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace has served as the official London
residence of Britain's sovereigns since 1837. Today it is The
Queen's official residence.
5. Big BenBig Ben is the nickname for the
Great Bell of the clock at the north end
of the Palace of
Westminster in London, and often
extended to refer to the clock and
the clock tower.
The tower is officially known
as Elizabeth Tower, renamed to
celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of
Elizabeth II in 2012; previously it was
known simply as the Clock Tower.
6. Madame Tussauds Wax MuseumMadame Tussauds is a wax museum in London with branches in a
number of major cities. It was founded by wax sculptor Marie
7. The Sherlock Holmes MuseumThe Sherlock Holmes Museum
is a privately run museum in London, England, dedicated to the
famous fictional detective Sherlock Holmes. It opened in 1990
and is situated in Baker Street, 221B.
8. PLATFORM 9¾ AT KING’S CROSS STATIONIn the wizarding world, Harry Potter and his friends get onto the platform
by walking through a brick wall between platforms 9 and 10. Meanwhile in
the real King’s Cross, platforms 9 and 10 are separated by tracks, but you
can find a platform 9¾ on the wall in the station concourse.