Категория: Английский язык
The Art of Russian Artists
1. ReportsAlyona Funk, 312 group
• Russian painter and art critic;
• did paint some religious and
mythological paintings, and a few
• is best known for his numerous
and diverse portraits.
Portrait of Empress Maria Feodorovna, 1881
• attended classes at the St. Petersburg
Academy of Arts;
• was an apprentice in the workshop of the
famous marine painter Ivan Aivazovsky;
• attended the classes of the Society of Art
• was given a diploma of free-lance artist
for his independent works.
• In 1875 Konstantin Korovin attended the
Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture, and
• In 1881, Korovin spent a year in St.
Petersburg at the Imperial Academy of Arts,
he was not happy with the antiquated
teaching methods and returned in Moscow;
• In 1888 Korovin traveled with Mamontov to
Italy and Spain;
• His second trip to the north, with Valentin
Serov in 1894, coincided with the
construction of the Northern Railway.
Empire pavilion and was awarded the Legion of Honour by the French
• During World War I Korovin consulted officers at one of the Russian
army on the use of camouflage;
• In 1923 Konstantin Alekseyevich Korovin moved to Paris to cure his
heart condition and help his son who had both feet amputated;
• There was going to be a large showing of Korovin's artwork but the
works were stolen. Korovin was left penniless.
Leonora and Ampara, 1897–1898
Parisian Cafe. Late 1890s
• combines a first-class collection of Spanish painting, works of the Flemish and
Italian schools, and examples of the German, French and English schools;
• contains major collections of drawings, engravings, coins and medals, as well
as items of clothing and decorative art.
Nobleman with his hand on his chest by El Greco
The Lute Player by Caravaggio