Категория: Английский язык
Monuments and memorials to the heroes of World War I in Russia and Europe
Russia and Europe
2. The Unknown Soldier’s Grave was established under the Triumphal arch in Paris. The inscription says: “"Here lies the FrenchThe Unknown Soldier’s Grave was established under the Triumphal
arch in Paris. The inscription says: “"Here lies the French soldier
who died for the Fatherland in 1914-1918”. The French created
the first memorial of eternal fire in the Europe.
3. This monument is located in Warsaw. It is the fist monument in Europe which is established in 1932 in honor of Polish pilots.
4. This monument is established in Russia, in Kaliningrad in the year of centenary since the outbreak of the First World War,dedicated
to the memory
died in this war.
5. “Monument to the heroes of the First World War” was opened in Moscow on the Hill of Respectful Salutation on the 1st of August,2014. It was the main event coincided with the 100th anniversary
of Russia's accession to the First World War.
6. The Tannenberg Memorial is a building in East Prussia near Olsztynek, Poland. It was constructed in memory of the Germanvictories in the First World War in 1914, in
particular at the Battle of Tannenberg.