Категория: Английский язык
The Shishkin`s Museum
1. The Shishkin`s MuseumTHE MUSEUM OF THE RUSSIAN GREAT ARTIST
2. Something about… Ivan Ivanovich Shishkin — one of the most famous Russian artists, whose name has become a symbol of Russia,along with the names of Pushkin and
Tolstoy, Tchaikovsky and Musorgsky, Repin, Levitan and many others.He left
us a legacy not just realistic and deeply Russian in spirit landscape. His
canvases have a powerful epic scope, and open to the attentive look their
complex spiritual content. His work is not just a picture of his native nature,
the artist created symbolic images of the blessed and at the same time
tragic God's world.Elabuga is a city of childhood and adolescence of
"blood, Russian, great artist". Here he was born and grew up, here he
received the strength for his creative feat.In the artist's homeland, much is
done to preserve the memory of the famous countryman, to understand
and promote his work. Beginning in the 60s of the last century As a house
Museum, today the memory of Shishkin in his city has been transformed into
a full–fledged Memorial complex, which includes a monument to the artist,
a Memorial house-Museum, the territory of the restored and transformed
Shishkin ponds and an art gallery. I. I. Shishkina.
3. The Shishkin`s house-museumThe exposition of the Museum is located on the first and second floors of a twostorey stone house, standing on the high Bank of the river Toyma.On the ground
floor there is a front enfilade of rooms, creating a beautiful perspective (large
and small living rooms, father's office), as well as a dining room and a pantry.
They painstakingly and lovingly restored the atmosphere of provincial merchant
life of the XIX century.On the second floor there is a workshop and living room of
the artist. In two halls there is an art gallery, where authentic paintings and
graphic works of Ivan Ivanovich Shishkin are presented.
4. A large living roomA large living room occupies a dominant position in the house. It is
furnished with authentic mahogany furniture of the 30-40s of the XIX
5. The small living roomIn the small living room spent leisure time and long winter evenings at home.
Here they read books and Newspapers, discussed city and hunting news,
engaged in needlework, played cards and checkers. Elegant furniture,
intricate trinkets, oval mirror, chandeliers give the room a cozy look.The
decoration of the room presents musical instruments-harmonium and guitar.
Older brother Nicholas is well played, improvised and sang. He was the soul of
literary and musical evenings in his home, which sometimes gathered elected
6. Father`s officeIvan Vasilyevich was a person of a wide range of interests. Several years in a row
he was elected the mayor, developed the project and on the money carried
out a wooden water supply system. Repaired ancient Bulgarian tower of devil's
Fort. He participated in the excavations of The Ananyin burial ground, for which
he was elected a corresponding member of the Moscow archaeological
society. Ananyin burial ground is depicted in the painting of his son, which hangs
on the wall in his father's office.
7. WorkroomIn Ivan Shishkin's home Studio, imbued with sunlight, the atmosphere
of the 60-80 years of the XIX century, identical to the one that was
during the artist's life, was recreated. Among the iconographic
material are photographs of his first and second wives and their
daughters — Lydia and Xenia.A vintage easel is great etude Shishkin
8. Painting roomThe collection of original paintings by I. I. Shishkin, which are presented in the
Museum, is small, has a chamber character and consists mainly of works of the
initial period. The earliest of them is the picture "Harvest", which depicts Elabuga
landscape. There are also several studies performed during his visit to Elabuga in
1861. This "Hut", "Mill in the field", "White house", "Small minaret" in which the artist
paid tribute to romanticism. The following realistic period is represented by the
works of the 70s: "birch grove“ and " Stream".