In seven years Maresyev went to secondary school in his native town. After her graduation, he entered the school, where he

Maresyev is my countryman


Theme: Maresyev is my countryman
on the academic discipline: "English language"
direction of the project - information
The work was carried out by a student of the group: 1-С-125
Solopev Anton Vycheslavovich
Project Manager: E.A Erokhova


Alexey Petrovich Maresyev was
born the seventh of may 1916 in
the small town of Kamyshin in the
Russian Empire. His father's name
was Peter avdeevich Maresyev-he
died when Alexei was only three
years old. His mother's name was
Catherine Nikitichna-she had to
raise three sons alone. Money in
the family is usually not enough, so
they lived modestly. Katherin
Nikitichna worked at the
woodworking plant as a cleaner.

3. In seven years Maresyev went to secondary school in his native town. After her graduation, he entered the school, where he

studied at the metal
lathe and went to work at the same plant, where his mother worked.
Twice served documents to flight school, but they were returned as Alexey
in the childhood transferred a very heavy form of malaria which
worsened his health.


(Yak-1 aircraft, which flew Maresyev before the injury)
The Yak-1 was accepted into service of the Soviet Union in 1940. For
four years of production was built almost 9 thousand copies of the
fighter and developed several modifications. The pilots loved this fighter.
He beat the enemy from the first days of the second world war. The
plane was distinguished by low maintenance, easy operation and high
performance characteristics, due to which he was opposed by German


In 1937 he was called to the red army. Initially, he served in in the
twelfth evaporated Pacific border district on the island of
Sakhalin, then was sent to the Bataisk aviation school, which he
finished in nineteen fourteen, having received the rank of Junior
Lieutenant. There and learned about the beginning of the war.


In the summer of 1941 he was
sent to a military-destroyers
regiment. For the first time
Maresyev's plane flew into
battle in August 1941 in
Ukraine, in the district of
Krivoy Rog. In March 1942,
Maresiev was transferred to the
North-Western Front. By this
time, on the account of the pilot
of the 580-th Fighter Aviation
Regiment were shot down 4
German aircraft. During the
fighting pilot maresiev
heroically fought and joined in
battle with the enemy,
displaying boundless bravery.


In early April 1942, an enemy fighter shot down the Maresyev's plane. By
being conscious but badly injured, the pilot was forced to emergency land it.
Alexei starved, suffered from cold and wild pain - gangrene started.
Dragging his frozen legs, he kept moving to the East. When the strength was
almost gone, Maresyev rolled from the back to his stomach, then back
again.. Eating bark of trees, plants, berries and cones, the wounded pilot
crawled, bleeding, 18 days reached the front line.


In the hospital Alexei Petrovich Maresiev was amputated just below the knees,
both legs because gangrene had already begun.” One day came the Professor,
brought me to the operating room, he took sterile scissors and just in front of my
eyes cut off my legs. In some places, where there were still a bit of living tissue, it
hurt, but it didn't hurt at all. After the surgery, I woke up with tears. My legs
were very sore.”( from Maresyev's Memoirs) .This meant the end of the pilot's
career! He convinced himself and the doctors that he could fly and fight and
decided to return to the fighter aviation at the expense of persistent trainings.


In Moscow region Maresуev
mastered his first prosthesis,
which for him were made
according to the type developed
by Pirogov (Russian surgeon and
scientist) for the soldiers of the
tsarist army. Gradually, thanks
to persistent training Alexeу
Petrovich well master this
leather construction of
prostheses. Even in the hospital,
Alexei began to make grueling
exercises on prostheses. But
through what efforts he had to
pass, he knows, only he is!


But Maresiev was eager for battle and very worried after every refusal. Brothers
flew to the front line, and he continued to train, honing his skills over the airfield.
Soon the largest battle on the Kursk Bulge flared up and he received approval for
taking part in hostilities from commander Alexander Numerov, who was
accompanying his first flights. When Maresiev shot down a German fighter before
his eyes,his trust grew at once.


On the Kursk Bulge in a bloody battle, Alexei Maresiev proved his right to the
title of one of the best Soviet fighter pilots. After amputating his legs, he shot
down another 7 enemy aircraft and saved the lives of two Soviet pilots in the
fight against superior enemy forces. After the end of the battles on the Kursk
Bulge, Maresiev was sent to the best air force sanatorium.


(Maresiev in the sanatorium)
In the sanatorium he was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union. The
commander of the regiment, N. Ivanov, wrote that Alexei Maresiev, whose feat
consisted in true patriotism, did not spare himself, his blood and life, fighting against
the enemy, achieving excellent results in battle, despite his physical handicap. The
glory of a legless pilot spread throughout the 15th Air Army and throughout the
Bryansk Front.


Military correspondents began to arrive in the air regiment. Among them was the
future author of the book “The Story of a Real Man”, Boris Polevoy. This story was
published after the war, three years after Maresyev was awarded the title of Hero of
the Soviet Union. This book has become a desktop for millions of people. After
publication in the USSR in 1946 it was translated into almost all languages of the world.
On it was filmed feature film, and the Bolshoi theater staged the eponymous Opera S.
Prokofiev. In the artwork may not accommodate all to the biography on a real person.
Alone aerial combat Maresyev could fill a book .


In 1946 Alexey Petrovich was dismissed from military service and engaged in training of
young pilots. This person never complained of destiny, lived modestly, not to give in to
illnesses and surprised people around with cheerfulness, charm and optimism. In 2001,
may 18, at the Theater of the Russian army planned a gala evening dedicated to the 85th
anniversary of Maresyev. Shortly before the celebration Alexei Petrovich died of a heart
attack. The gala evening was held. It began with a moment of silence. Retired Colonel A.P.
Maresyev was buried in Moscow at Novodevichy cemetery.
English     Русский Правила