Категория: Английский язык
1. Living & SpendingLiving & Spending
Teenagers & Money
What is the connection?
Make the list of key-words to explain it.
Make up questions using the key-words.
Work in groups.
2. Britain`s Young Consumers1. Listen to the text & answer the question:
What do British teenagers spend their money
2. Read the 2nd part of the text thoroughly & do
the task of Ex.2
3. Who are you most like? Why?
3. Vocabulary Practice Guess the words in bold from the text by their definitions:
reaching the same level
having enough money to live on
not having money to buy expensive things
buying lots of things at the same time
people who buy things for their own use
paying more money than usual
stop from doing smth
Guess the Russian equivalents of the vocabulary words
Do the test on the computer:
4. Open the brackets using retailers, a student loan, survive, afford, make ends meet, splash out, consumers, hand out, dig deeper into my pockets, save up, catch up, resist• A lot of (потребителей) enjoy buying things during the sales.
• The biggest (розничные торговцы) usually have shops in the main city
• Most late developers will (догонять) with their friends.
• Prices are always going up and so I (тратить больше) just to pay for
my basic needs.
• The government (выдавать) food packages to needy families.
• Both my mother and father have to work as they have problems trying to
(сводить концы с концами).
• If I like a particular top or skirt, I can`t (устоять) buying it in several
• I can`t (выживать) on less than 20 pounds a week.
• My parents aren`t rich so I`ll have to have (кредит на обучение) at
• I can`t (иметь возможность) to (разбрасывать) on new dresses for
each wedding I am invited to.
• I am (копить) for a holiday abroad.
meet, splash out, consumers, hand out, dig deeper into my
pockets, save up, catch up, resist
A lot of …enjoy buying things during the sales.
The biggest … usually have shops in the main city centres.
Most late developers will … with their friends.
Prices are always going up and so I … just to pay for my basic
The government …packages to needy families.
Both my mother and father have to work as they have problems
trying to … .
If I like a particular top or skirt, I can`t … buying it in several
I can`t …on less than 20 pounds a week.
My parents aren`t rich so I`ll have to have …at university.
I can`t …to …on new dresses for each wedding I am invited to.
I am …for a holiday abroad.
on? Choose it from the list of Ex.4.
• What do you spend your money on? Discuss it
• Report it to your class.
7. Vocabulary practice of verbs related to money borrow – lend, waste – save, pay – earn, costBORROW / LEND
• Borrow is like take:
Can I borrow your pen?
• Lend is like give:
Lend me your comb for a minute, please.
• In Passive Voice lend (not borrow) can be used.
• Cost is to have a price:
The dress costs 50 pounds.
Do Ex.5 filling in the correct verb
Do the test thecomputer
8. Make up dialogues taking the roles of two of the teenagers from the text about spending money. You may use the questions from Ex.7 as a plan.
9. Homework: learn the new vocabulary words, answer the questions from ex.5, write a short paragraph about yourself• RENDER the text:
Я получаю 50 фунтов в общей сложности
(altogether)за неделю. Мои родители выдают мне
20 фунтов, и я получаю другие 30 фунтов за
почасовую работу. Я обычно трачу часть денег на
выход куда-нибудь, особенно, в кино. В
действительности, я фанат кино. Мне удается
(manage) сэкономить небольшую сумму каждую
неделю, поэтому, я считаю, что распоряжаюсь
(manage) своими деньгами довольно-таки хорошо.
В данный момент я собираю деньги на покупку