Категория: Английский язык
My future profession
1. My future professionBY TIURINA ALINA
2. PlanWhy do I want to become a doctor?
What is this profession?
History of medicine
What qualities you need to have for the profession of doctor?
3. Why do I want to become a doctor?It is interesting
You can learn a lot about people and life in general
I want to make other people better and healthier
My mother works in this field and she can help me in the future and
share her knowledge with me
5. What is this profession?This profession is one of the oldest in the world
Being a doctor is prestigious and respectful
The profession of a doctor is one of the most important in our
Doctors save lives. Doctors give us advice on healthy lifestyle
6. History of medicineOn the basis of various archaeological finds, scientists came to the
conclusion that the very first medicines were used by the first
representatives of mankind. When society was at a very early stage
of development, the forces of nature were used for the treatment:
sunlight, water, wind.
The first professional doctors, according to historians, appeared in
ancient Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, India, China and Greece. Such
doctors first began to use empirical medicine, the methods of which
were based on the experience of past generations of healers.
7. What qualities you need to have for the profession of doctor? (Knowledge)Doctor must love people
Have a great knowledge about biology and chemistry
Be ready for the most difficult situations
You need to study from 7 to 9 years in high school
To be responsible and responsive
8. Famous personalitiesNikolay Ivanovich Pirogov, worldfamous doctor. He is considered to be
the founder of field surgery, and was
one of the first surgeons in Europe to
use ether as an anaesthetic. He was
the first surgeon to use anaesthesia in
a field operation
Pavlov. Russian physiologist known chiefly for
his development of the concept of
the conditioned reflex.He was awarded
the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine in
1904 for his work on digestive secretions.
conducted long-term experiments, and became
the first Russian specialist in physiology, giving
the discipline the serious scientific basis. His
fundamental work "Reflexes of the Brain"
remains a milestone in neuroscience and the
study of reflexes.
11. Interesting factsInteresting facts
Doctors did not wear white coats until 1800
The first liver transplant was performed by Thomas Starlz
The first human head transplant was performed on a
More than 7000 Americans die every year as a result of
the bad handwriting of doctors
12. ConclusionBeing a doctor is great!
If you are ready to spend your time to study and ready to help
people, then this is a profession for you.
In the future, you will be able to help not only other people, but
also your relatives.