10 Places in Moscow to visit
1. 10 Places in Moscow to visit10 PLACES IN MOSCOW TO VISIT
2. RED SQUARAt the Red Square you can
see the Lenin Mausoleum,
the monument to Minin
and Pozharskiy, the
Lobnoye Place, tsar orders
were read from it.
3. ST. BASIL `S CATHEDRALIt's a Russian Orthodox church
erected on the Red Square in
Moscow in 1555–61. It was
built on the order of Ivan the
Terrible to commemorate the
capture of Kazan and
Astrakhan. It was the tallest
building in Moscow until the
completion of the Ivan the
Great Bell Tower in 1600.
4. THE SPARROW HILLS CABELWAYIt’s one of the most beautifull
places of Moscow.
It`s air transport. It connects
the observation deck on the
Sparrow hills with the
Luzhniki stadium over the
5. OSTANKINO TOWEROstankino Tower Is the tallest tower in Europe and the 4th
tallest building in the world. It was built in Moscow in
1967. Besides technical services, there is a sightseeing
platform and a three-level restaurant «The Seventh Sky».
6. THE BOLSHOI THEATREThe Bolshoi Theatre was built in 1824. It was the second
biggest theatre in the world. The theatre is the parent
company of The Bolshoi Ballet Academy, a worldleading school of ballet.
7. THE TRETYAKOV GALLERYThis gallery was founded by Russian merchant Pavel
Tretyakov in 1856. It has a large collection of
wonderful works of art.
8. VDNHThe name of this historic site is a Soviet abbreviation which stands
for the “Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy”. For
many years, this exhibition center showcased various products,
and innovations brought here from every corner of the USSR and
9. THE MOSCOW ZOOThis is one of the
oldest zoos in
Europe. It was
founded in 1984 and
it quickly became
one of the most
popular place in
10. ZARYADYE PARKIt is one of the newest parks
in Moscow. The main point
of interest is the ‘hovering’
bridge that was erected
above the Moscow River
and provides some
memorable and picturesque
views of the capital. Come
here in the evening to enjoy
the spectacular nighttime
panoramas of Moscow.