Категория: Английский язык
1. Mixed RealityKTmo1-7
Aumented, Virtual and Mixed Realities
Technology in brief
3. Glossary• Virtual reality (VR) is an interactive computer-generated experience
taking place within a simulated environment.
• Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world
environment where the objects that reside in the real-world are
"augmented" by computer-generated perceptual information.
• Universal Windows Platform (UWP) is an open source API created by
Microsoft and first introduced in Windows 10. The purpose of this
platform is to help develop universal apps that run on Windows 10,
Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox One and HoloLens without the need to be
re-written for each.
• The field of view (FoV) is the extent of the observable world that is
seen at any given moment.
4. DefinitionBy Giovanni Vincenti - http://www.teachingthroughmuves.info/, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=14956549
• In 1994 Paul Milgram and Fumio Kishino defined a mixed reality as
"...anywhere between the extrema of the virtuality continuum" (VC)
• It was applied to displays. Since then, the application of mixed reality goes
beyond displays but also includes environmental input, spatial sound, and
6. Augmented, Mixed and Virtual RealitiesAugmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality - what are the differences? https://www.comparex-group.com/web/nl/en/blogs/introduction-augmented-mixed-virtual-reality.htm
7. Technology in Brief• In a nutshell, MR allows the viewer to see virtual objects that appear
real, accurately mapped into the real world.
• This particular subset of the “reality” technologies has the potential
to truly blur the boundaries between what we are, what everything
else is, and what we need to know about it all.
8. Applications• Education
9. Negative effectsIEEE Committee has created the following sections  within mixed
reality to help address some problems:
1. Social Interactions
2. Mental Health
3. Education and Training
4. The Arts 5. Privacy Access and Control
10. Methodology• Spatial mapping
• Spatial sound
• Visual projection
11. DevicesMicrosoft HoloLens
Magic Leap One
March 30, 2016
August 8th, 2018
2-3 hours of active use
average 5.5 hours
Up to 3 h
12. Microsoft HoloLenshttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens
• Runs on Windows 10
• Supports almost all UWP apps
• Only 3 UWP apps can run simultaneously
• Only 1 3D app
• Low FPS when >20 holograms
HoloLens lets you create holograms, objects made of light and sound
that appear in the world around you, just as if they were real objects.
15. Magic Leap One• Lightwear (glasses)
• Lightpack (computing core)
• Control (controller)
Runs on Lumin OS
17. Summary• Not many devices
• Useful mostly for developers
• Not many apps
P. Milgram and A. F. Kishino 1994 - "Taxonomy of Mixed Reality
Visual Displays“ - IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems.
2. Designing for Mixed Reality - Kharis O'Connell - O'Reilly Media, Inc.
3. Mixed Reality in Information and Communications Technology
Committee - Ethically Aligned Design, Version 2 - The IEEE Global
Initiative on Ethics of Autonomous and Intelligent Systems – P217239