Категория: Английский язык
1. Phrasal Verbs What’s the preposition?Lynn Mateas
your whereabouts last Saturday.”
• I need to ask ________ some help with this work.
• Do you agree ________ me?
• I want to apologize _____ not calling you earlier.
to a place for admission/a job
• My friend didn’t approve ______ my new
• I don’t want to argue ______ you about it.
with /about that issue
• She didn’t approve ______ my going to such a
• I can’t believe _____ anything I haven’t
• Don’t blame me ______ the problem.
• He says that he cares _________ her.
bull dog. He never lets go once he has a hold.
• We compared Paris _______ London.
• I don’t mean to complain _______ this book,
but it is much too easy.
• He complained ______ a medical problem.
• I want to contribute ________ the
• I know when I have some difficulties, I can
count ________ you.
• Did you decide ______ a restaurant?
look the same to me.
• I often dream _________ going to a warm
beach and lying in the sand.
of / about
• A murderer escaped ________ a maximum
• She excelled _______ physics.
• They excused us ________ the class.
• They fought ______ freedom from the
• I want to forget _______ the argument last
• What kind of movie do you feel ______
• There are so many people fighting ______ the
rights of children around the world.
• I hope you won’t forget ________ our meeting
• The children’s game called Hide and Seek is a
game where children hide ______ each other.
The seeker is called “It.” “You’re It.”
• Has moving to Ottawa given you the peace
you had hoped ______ ?
• =He insisted ____ our joining him for lunch.
• I was introduced ____ Prof. Jenkins last year.
• I need to keep _____ Main Street because
there is a pastry shop that I enjoy. It’s bad for
• I object _____ CEOs and managers getting big
bonuses on top of their salaries. ($500,000)
• She participated ___ the Terry Fox Run for the
• The starving people prayed _____ help.
getting a job.
• The charity provided the children _____ clothes,
• food, books, and a bike.
• The wonderful Green Peace Organization prevents
people ________ killing whales.
• They are trying to create laws to prohibit such
people _______ destroying our planet.
_______ this widespread infection.
• It’s nice that she can rely ______ her
teammates for support.
• The humane society rescued that dog _____
his abusive owners.
• I will respond ______ his email right away.
• Please stop me ___ eating another piece of cake.
• I subscribe ___ the National Geographic magazine.
• He substituted sweetener ____ sugar.
• How to succeed __ business without trying was the
name of the book.
forgetfulness. She kept forgetting she gave $$.
• He really took care ___ his car.
• I don’t want to talk ___ it.
• I want to thank you ___ your letter.
• Do you know whom you will vote ____?