1. Developer DayDEVELOPER DAY
BEFORE WE START, PLEASE VISIT WWW.PAYNOW.CO.ZW AND SIGN UP
2. About PaynowABOUT PAYNOW
Paynow is an aggregator of Visa / MasterCard / ZimSwitch Vpayments / EcoCash / Telecash.
No need to sign up for each payment channel, with a single integration into Paynow you get
access to all these payment options with more to come.
Receive your funds during daily settlement into ANY Zimbabwean Bank account, no need to
visit your bank or sign up for a merchant account.
Multiple ways to use Paynow including email payment requests, buttons on your site,
shopping carts or back end systems integration.
No sign up or monthly charges only a per transaction fee. Money is settled daily with no
minimum settlement amount. Fees can be absorbed or passed onto the customer.
Paynow is run by Webdev and has the full backing of our partner bank, money in transit is
held in trust accounts so it is legally protected and will make its way to the merchant or back
to the customer.
Paynow operates an escrow facility across all it’s payment channels called BuySafe.
Transactions less than $50.00 are not covered by BuySafe.
When a customer makes payment the money is held in suspense until the merchant
The customer is notified by email and sms that they have 24 hours to dispute delivery.
If there is no dispute after 24 hours the money is released to the merchant.
If there is a dispute the merchant and customer are notified and if they cannot resolve the
dispute the case is sent to 3rd party arbitration.
While the funds are held in suspense the merchant can refund the customer free of charge.
Once the funds are released to the merchant they need to manually refund the customer.
BuySafe builds customer confidence in online shopping and the merchant.
4. Verified MerchantVERIFIED MERCHANT
• To become a verified merchant you need to supply Paynow with information such as BP
Number, Bank Statement and copy of the Owner’s ID.
• Once verified Paynow will add your logo to all payments building trust with the customer.
• Verified merchants are listed on a special page for customer’s to browse.
• Verified merchants also get access to international Visa and MasterCard which do not
have Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code.
• Large corporates can also apply to be premium merchants and give a business case to
justify increased limits on international payments and possibly a different fee structure or
• Guest Users only have to
enter their email address to
receive transaction update
information, there is no
need to register to make
payment on Paynow.
• Registered users can
receive money but also can
browse their transaction
6. Sign up ON PAYNOWSIGN UP ON PAYNOW
• Sign Up is open to
everyone, all you need
is an email address.
• Any paynow account
can receive payment.
• Even if you are only
making payment it is
worth signing up as a
Consumer to keep
better track of your
7. Setup Payment Bank AccountsSETUP PAYMENT BANK ACCOUNTS
8. Setup Payment Bank AccountsSETUP PAYMENT BANK ACCOUNTS
9. Setup Payment Bank AccountsSETUP PAYMENT BANK ACCOUNTS
10. Receive PaymentsRECEIVE PAYMENTS
11. Make PaymentsMAKE PAYMENTS
12. Email Payment RequestEMAIL PAYMENT REQUEST
13. Email Payment RequestEMAIL PAYMENT REQUEST
14. Simple Email Payment RequestSIMPLE EMAIL PAYMENT REQUEST
15. Make PaymentMAKE PAYMENT
16. Make PaymentMAKE PAYMENT
17. Template EMAIL Payment RequestTEMPLATE EMAIL PAYMENT REQUEST
18. Template Email Payment RequestTEMPLATE EMAIL PAYMENT REQUEST
19. Add new template lineADD NEW TEMPLATE LINE
Type can be Text, Select or Autocomplete.
Value is dependant on Type:
• Text: Default Value.
• Select: comma separated list eg Yes,No.
• Autocomplete: Url to call to retrieve a JSON
list of strings, this is not key/value but a list of
Validation can either be selected from the list or
set to custom and then you can enter a REGEX
which the input string must conform to.
Comment will appear below the field on the form
20. Advanced Edit Template OptionsADVANCED EDIT TEMPLATE OPTIONS
Can optionally set a default
amount and lock it so the
customer cannot change
the amount even if the
other form fields are left
unlocked in a payment
If you select Use Quantity
you must enter an amount
and then the system will
ask the user to enter a
quantity when completing
the payment form.
21. Advanced EMAIL GeneratorADVANCED EMAIL GENERATOR
22. Advanced Payment FormADVANCED PAYMENT FORM
23. Button (HTML Code Snippet)BUTTON (HTML CODE SNIPPET)
24. Button (HTML Code Snippet)BUTTON (HTML CODE SNIPPET)
25. Simple Shopping CartsSIMPLE SHOPPING CARTS
26. Simple Shopping CartsSIMPLE SHOPPING CARTS
27. PayNOw BUTTONS, Paynow CartPAYNOW BUTTONS, PAYNOW CART
28. PayNOw BUTTONS, Paynow CartPAYNOW BUTTONS, PAYNOW CART
29. Advanced Options For CartADVANCED OPTIONS FOR CART
30. PAYNOW HOSTED CART
31. PAYNOW HOSTED CART
32. Advanced IntegrationADVANCED INTEGRATION
33. Advanced IntegrationADVANCED INTEGRATION
Transaction updates will
be sent to the Notification
In the majority of cases
Notification URL is not
required, each transaction
will have its own URLs
generated when the
transaction is created.
34. Integration ID and keyINTEGRATION ID AND KEY
For security reason the integration key is emailed to the registered address.
It is recommended you generate a new key when moving from a development server to live.
When you are happy with your integration click Request to be Set Live, Paynow support will check
that at least one successful test transaction is performed before taking you out of test mode.
35. TESTING: Faked SuccessTESTING: FAKED SUCCESS
Only the merchant can
perform a test transaction,
any other users will be
Select TESTING: Faked
Success to complete the
transaction and return to
the merchant site.
No money is moved so the
merchant can test easily.
36. Lets get to the code…LETS GET TO THE CODE…
37. HyperCUBE HUB SERVERHYPERCUBE HUB SERVER
Can be accessed from the HyperCube Hub Wifi and will work with internal IP
Addresses so no need to be on a public IP Address to test your integration.
We will leave the server here so anyone can come back any time to integrate
38. Developer ResourcesDEVELOPER RESOURCES
For examples and prebuilt modules.
39. API PROCESS FLOWMERCHANT SITE
1 – Call Initiate Transaction
7 – Poll Paynow for status
3 – Redirect clients browser
6 – Redirect client back to merchant site
2 – Reply with urls
4 – Client makes payment
5 – Announce result to merchant server