1. 21st century issuesурок английского языка, 9 класс
УМК Ю.А. Комарова, И.В. Ларионова Английский
2. GLOBAL WARMINGThe slow increase in the temperature of the Earth caused
partly by the greenhouse effect increasing the amount of
carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
3. OILA thick dark smooth liquid from under the ground,
used for making petrol and other fuels.
4. CLONINGThe process of creating an animal or plant in a laboratory
that is an exact copy of another using the original
animal’s or plant’s DNA.
5. FLOODIf there is a flood, a large amount of water covers an
area which is usually dry, for example when a river
flows over its banks or a pipe bursts.
6. SOLAR POWERPower obtained by harnessing the energy of
the sun's rays
7. WIND POWEREnergy created from wind that is turned into
electricity or used for making a machine work.
8. GASGas is a substance like air that burns easily. It
is used as a fuel for cooking and heating.
9. GM (genetically modified) foodIt contains ingredients made from genetically
modified plants or animals. The abbreviation GM is
10. Match 1-7 and a-c to make defitions1. Gas
a) the process of creating an
animal or plant in a
b) a substance like air that burns
c) made from genetically
modified plants or animals
d) created from wind that is
turned into electricity
6. GM food
e) a large amount of water
covers an area which is
f) the slow increase in the
temperature of the Earth
g) A thick dark smooth liquid
used for making petrol