in the strategic proximity to the capital of Ukraine – Kyiv
Distance between Chernihiv and
Kyiv (the capital) is 140 km.
Total lengths of borders with
Russian Federation and the
Republic of Belarus is 426 km.
The distance from Chernihiv city
to the borders with Russia and
Belarus is only 70 km.
Chernihiv region is the exclusive gateway to European,
Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian markets.
Saint Petersburg (Russia) –
Bryansk (Russia) –
Minsk – 404 km
Gomel – 102 km
Kyiv – 140 km
Odessa – 626 km
Lviv – 700 km
Railways 893 km
Moscow (Russia )
– 733 km
Kharkiv – 488 km
Simferopol – 907 km
International Highways 311,1 km
River Transport Itinerary
Mineral resource base of the region is construction
materials and energy resources
6. BISCHOFITE valuable chemical substance for producing Magnesium metalThe largest bischofite deposit in Ukraine.
Its reserves amount to more than 1.5 billion tons.
7. PHOSPHORITES minerals for producing fertilizersThere is the second largest deposit of
phosphorites in Ukraine in Chernihiv region.
8. PEAT solid biofuel and natural fertilizerPeat resources of Chernihiv region have the
reserves of 206.6 million tons.
The heat value equals to 1 trillion m3 of natural gas.
9. GLASSY SANDSUkraine’s 3rd largest deposits of glassy sands
are concentrated in Chernihiv region.
The quality of glassy sands is the best in Europe.
10. CHALKThe deposits of high-quality chalk, which is
good for producing cement, is around
1 billion tons.
11. TIMBERTotal area of land for forestry purposes in our
region is around 750 000 ha.
Total stock of tree stands is more than 150 ml m3
12. WATER RESOURCES are among the largest in UkraineChernihiv region is the most endowed
with fresh, artesian and mineral water in Ukraine
2.1 million hectares of agricultural land
of which 1.5 million hectares is arable land
14. UKRAINIAN SOILUkraine has 30 percent of world's black soil.
Total area of black soil in Chernihiv region is
more than 1 million hectares.
15. GRAIN HARVESTThe amount of harvested grains in 2012
totaled 3 million tons.
In the next 3 years the amount of harvested
crops will increase to 5 million tons per year
16. DEVELOPMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRYThere are 600 000 hectares of
free grasslands for cattle grazing
17. Availability of free industrial sitesOur region has plenty of free land plots (greenfields) and
plenty of free manufacturing areas (brownfields).
These sites have the basic kinds of utilities and are suitable
for location of any production facilities.
18. The Law of Ukraine “On Industrial Parks”From 21/06/2012 № 5018-VI
• The Industrial Parks are to be set up and
arranged at public expense.
• Chernihiv Government initiated creation of
two Industrial Parks in the region.
Bordering with Russia and Belarus, Chernihiv region
enjoys the stable and powerful trade development
The commercial services are held by 8000 trade enterprises, which
have great experience of work within Ukraine and abroad.
20. Free Trade Zone about 20 ml. km2 about 300 ml. of peopleCommonwealth
Free Trade Zone
about 20 ml. km2
about 300 ml. of people
Agreement on Free Trade Zone is signed between:
According to it:
• Duty rates will not
• Trade increase by 40%;
• The gradual reduction
and elimination of Export Duties.
In 2011 the external economic turnover increased by 13,3%
Chernihiv region has trade relations with 36 countries
For today one of our primary goals is to increase
foreign trade turnover by 100%.
Dairy Company, LLC.,
280,0 ml UAH
240,0 ml UAH
50,0 ml UAH
50,0 ml UAH
10,0 ml UAH
24. We welcome and encourage a variety of forms of cooperation:• Import and export
• Mining and processing
of mineral resources;
• Placing of production
facilities on the territory
of our region;
• Various ideas and
suggestions from you.
has significant tourist and recreation potential
We have a favorable climate,
varied flora and fauna, protected
areas and network of facilities for
As well as
historic sites which allowed us
to work out the variety of hiking
trails and routes
for mutually beneficial cooperation!