Why travel to the USA
like to see in
2. Why travel to the USA?to learn
a new culture
3. Tourist attractionsNatural
Statue of Liberty
4. The USA and its attractions
5. WashingtonWashington is the capital of the USA. It
isn’t the largest city, but it is very
beautiful and has many attractions. There
is the Capitol and the White House there.
In the Capitol the Congress works and in
the White House the President lives.
Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial or
to visit the National Air and Space Museum.
The White House is an attraction, too.
7. N e w Y o r kThere is no city quite
like New York. It is
known as The City
That Never Sleeps.
There are thousands
of things to do and
places to visit for
tourists. The most
must be The Statue
of Liberty - a symbol
of freedom and the
Empire State Building.
the USA. There are many attractions
in this park.
• Sports fans can watch and play
baseball. You can relax in Central
Park. There is Children’s Zoo there.
9. B o s t o n• Boston is the oldest city of the USA. It is famous
for its role in the War for Independence.
Tourists can see many interesting things there.
In the Public Garden one can go boating on a boat
which has a shape of a swan. Every year Boston
Marathon takes place in Boston. Many people take
part in it.
10. L o s A n g e l e s• Los Angeles is very big, noisy and famous all
over the world because there is Hollywood. In
Hollywood American films are made. And near
Los Angeles there is wonderful fairy land
called Disneyland. In Disneyland you can see
the characters from Walt Disney’s films.
11. Natural attractions of the USA• There are many natural
wonders in the USA.
The most widely known
is Niagara Falls. It is
an Indian word which
means “roaring waters”.
Other attractions are
Parks, Grand Canyon,
and the vast desert
between Salt Lake City
and Reno, Nevada.
12. Funny attractionsART CAR EVENTS
• The oldest and largest
festival takes place in
Houston. Every spring, it
attracts curious people
from all over the world.
• After the parade, judges
give out all sorts of
awards and prizes: Best
Classic car, Best Political
Statement, Best Art
Bicyclist, and many others.
13. Mount Rushmore• In South Dakota, USA, there is an interesting
place to visit. It's a granite mountain. Four
faces are carved on the mountain. They are
the faces of four famous presidents. The
presidents are Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson
and Roosevelt. These gigantic heads are
eighteen meters high. They are carved out of
the granite of the mountain and are visible for
over eighty kilometers. The monument is now an
important place of interest which is visited by
thousands every year. The name of this place
is Mount Rushmore.
14. Children’s attractions• There are many children’s attractions
in the USA. The most famous are
Disneyland in California and Disney
World in Florida. There is also Island
of Adventures in Orlando.
• Would you like to go there?
• What would you like to see in
• Why would you like to see it?
16. TEST• 1. Disneyland and
Hollywood are situated in:
• A) Boston
• C) Los Angeles
17. TEST• 2. The city that never
• A) Boston
• B) Orlando
• C) New York
18. TEST• 3. Niagara Falls are:
• A) Natural attraction
• B) Event attraction
• C) Man-made attraction
19. TEST• 4. The oldest city of the
• A) Washington
• B) Orlando
• C) Boston
20. TEST• 5. Mount Rushmore is
• A) because it is small
• B) because it is big
• C) for the sculpture of four
21. TEST• 6. The largest park of the
• A) Central Park
• B) Hyde Park
• C) Royal Park
22. TEST• 7. The Statue of Liberty is
• A) Florida
• B) New York
• C) Washington