2. To have a splitting/terrible headache
3. To have a runny/streaming/blocked nose
4. To have a hacking/dry/tickly cough
5. To feel dizzy
6. To have a bruise
7. To have a bump
8. To have a high/slight temperature
9. To have a nagging/excruciating/harsh backache
10. To lose consciousness/to faint
11. To break/to fracture the arm
12. To have a swollen ankle
13. To cut the finger
14. To get a stiff neck
15. To catch a cold/a virus/the flu
16. To have a rash
17. To have a heart attack
18. Match the words to make compound nounspain
20. Complete the sentences with compound nouns1. When I am ill I go to the ______ near my house.
2. Please, take a seat in the ______. The doctor will
see you in ten minutes.
3. Salmonella is a type of _______.
4. My neighbour has died of a _________. He never
did any exercise and he had a very bad diet.
5. I want to learn _______ so that I know what to do
if there is an emergency.
6. - My back really hurts?
- Why don’t you take a _______?
21. Visiting a doctor
22. Health care professionalsSpeech therapist – psychiatrist – physiotherapistPlastic surgeon – midwife – GP (general practitioner)
He/She should go to the ………..
Mrs Crawford has got problems with hips.
Luke doesn’t like the shape of his nose.
Tony thinks he’s got the flu.
Louise is going to have a baby.
Little Sammy can’t pronounce “s” very well.
Virginia suffers from depression.
23. Words from the dialoguerash
make a full recovery
to give a prescription
24. Visiting a doctorHow are you feeling/How do
What is the
What can I do for you?
When did it start?
Have you been taking
anything for it
We'll do some lab tests.
It may be food poisoning.
It may be an infection of
It's probably a virus.
I will give you a prescription
Stay in bed for a couple of days.
I don't feel well. I must be
getting a cold.
got a terrible toothache.
I have a sharp pain in my ear.
I have a sore throat and a
runny nose, and I'm sneezing
25. Homework• Vocabulary Revision
• В группе VK сделать два упражнения