Категория: Английский язык
Tenses Active Voice. The Present Simple Tense
1. Tenses Active VoiceThe Present Simple Tense
2. Form of the Simple Present Tense
Verb1; Verb(s) - V1; Vs
3. Spelling of the 3rd person singular• Most verbs add –s (work/works; run/runs)
• Verbs add –es when they end in –o; -s; -x; ch; -sh (do/does; miss/misses;
catch/catches; mix/mixes; push/pushes)
• When there is a consonant before –y
change to –ies (cry/cries )
• BUT buy-buys; say/says
4. Usage of the simple present tense• Permanent truth – Summer follows spring.
• Habitual actions – I get up at 7 o’clock.
• “The present Period” – My sister works at
• Instructions and commentaries – First you
weigh the ingredients. Becker serves to
• Future references for timetables, etc
– The concert begins at 7.00.
7. Adverbs of Frequency
every day (month, week, year), on Mondays, twice a
8. . Напишите следующие предложения в 3-м лице единственного числа.
1 They wish to speak to you. He______________________
He wishes to speak to you.
2 Buses pass my house every hour. It_________________
It passes my house every hour.
3 They help their father. He________________________
He helps his father.
4 We change planes at Heathrow. She_______________
She change planes at Heathrow.
5 You watch too much TV. He______________________
He watches too much TV.
6 They worry too much. He_______________________
He worries too much.
7 I cash a cheque every month. He_________________
He cashes a cheque every month.
8 I always carry an umbrella. She_________________
She always carries an umbrella.
9 They wash the floor every week. She_____________
She washes the floor every week.
9. Negative And Interrogative sentences• Auxiliary verbs: do / does (he, she, it)
They always help me.
They don’t help me.
Do they always help me?
A student buys a lot of books every term.
A student doesn’t buy a lot of books every term.
Does a student buy a lot of books every term?
10. Вставьте don’t или doesn’t. Example: They don’t speak Greek.
1. He ____ live in London.
9. We _____ speak Russian.
10. I _____read newspapers.
2. Barbara _____ like Tom.
3. They ______ have a video.
11. She _____ do her homework.
4. You ______ get up early.
12. This hotel ____ have a
5. We ______ to school by bus.
6. Our class ____like English.
13. I _____play the piano.
7. You _______ like spiders.
14. Mark ____ work in an office.
8. Steve _____ speak Spanish.
15. This flat ____ have a balcony.
11. Вставьте do или does где необходимо.
1. _________you like playing tennis?
2. _________ your brother like cooking?
3. Where _________ she live?
4. ______your mother cook well?
5. Where __________ your friends work?
6. What ___ your father do in the evenings?
7. ______ your children go to school?
8. When __________ you clean your teeth?
9. When _______your mother go to work?
10. What _________ you think of me?
11. _________ you learn English?
12. Who __________ knows English?
13. _____ your father work in a garage?
14. How often _____ you go swimming?
15. How often ____ Dan come to the club?
16. How much _________your bag cost?
17. What floor __________ you live on?
18. What ___________ your husband do?
12. Преобразуйте следующие предложения в отрицательные и вопросительные.
1. She speaks German.
2. They want to learn English.
3. We are tired and we want to go to bed.
4. John likes watching football on TV, but he doesn’t like playing it.
5. I work at home because I have a computer.
6. Sara isn’t happy because she doesn’t have a nice flat.
7. I smoke, I drink, and I don’t go to bed early.
8. He doesn’t smoke, he doesn’t drink, and he goes to bed early.
9. They know my father very well but they don’t know my mother.
10. He wants to enter the university.
11. I don’t like meeting new people.
12. I learn French because I need it for my job.