Категория: Английский язык
2. LocationAustralia is situated south of Asia, between the
Pacific and the Indian Oceans. Australia is located
south of the equator.
3. HistoryThe first recorded European sighting of the Australian
mainland in 1606 is attributed to Willem Janszoon.
The first British colony in Australia was made on the
16th of January, 1778.
The Commonwealth of Australia was founded on
the 1st of January 1901.
4. Native AustraliansThe Aborigines have lived in
Australia for over 40,000 years.
But Europeans killed thousands
of them. Now they only
represent 1% of the population.
The total population of Australia
is 24 million.
5. TerritoriesAustralia is composed of
New South Wales,
Australian Capital Territory,
6. CitiesThe largest cities of Australia are Sydney,
Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The capital is
7. FaunaGeologic and climatic events helped to make
Australia's fauna unique. Almost all of
Australia's native mammals
(млекопитающие) are marsupials
(сумчатые). Another unusual type of mammal
is the monotreme(яйцекладущие).
8. Great Barrier ReefThe Great Barrier Reef is the
world's largest coral reef
system consisted of over
2900 individual reefs and 900