Категория: Английский язык
2. Country:Form of government: parliamentary monarchy.
Queen: Elizabeth II
Capital city : Canberra.
The largest cities:Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane ,
Perth , Adelaide
The official language: Australian English
Date of independence Dominion : January 1, 1901
Population: 23,130,931 million people
Australia occupies the mainland , the island of
Tasmania and a number of other islands in the
Indian and Pacific Oceans is the sixth state in area in
4. History of the flag.In the upper left quarter depicts the British flag . In
addition, the Australian flag is the image of six white stars
: five stars in the form of the Southern Cross constellation
to the right of the flag and a big star in the center of the
lower left quadrant.Flag of the Great Britain symbolizes
the past of the country in which Australia is a group of six
British colonies , as well as the principles upon which the
Federation was founded in Australia.
5. The history of AustraliaThe first people in Australia were the Aborigines ,
who came more 40,000 years ago
6. THE AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINESAborigines are the first and orginal inhabitants of
Australia. They have lived here for over 40.000 years.
When the first white settlers arrived in the 18th
century and stole their land, many Aborigines died,
fighting to protect it.
7. In Australia many wonderful and great cities .
located IN the Australian Alps OVER
Molonglo River just 320 km from Sydney
and 480 km from Melbourne.
9. SYDNEYSydney is the largest and most famous city in Australia. Sydney is
located on Australia's south-east coast of the Tasman Sea.
The most well-known attractions include the Sydney Opera House
and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
10. MELBOURNEThe metropolis is located on the large natural bay known as Port Phillip,
with the city centre positioned at the estuary of the Yarra River.
Today, it is a centre for the art, commerce, education, entertainment,
sport and tourism. It is the birthplace of cultural institutions such as
Australian film Australian television, Australian football.
11. The fauna of the Australia.
- reptiles and 120 species of amphibians that inhabit
the continent and adjacent islands.
Great Barrier Reef - the world's largest coral reef, located off the coast of Australia.
It is the largest single structure on earth created by living organisms, visible even
16. Australian hobbies