Категория: Английский язык
1. Los Angeles Work completed: Kidrasova Gulzada
2. SEAL OF LOS ANGELESFLAG AND
SEAL OF LOS ANGELES
3. Map of Los Angeles
4. GENERAL INFORMATION• Los Angeles is the most popular city in the state of California,
and the second most popular in the United States, after New
York City. It is located in Southern California. Often known by
its initials L.A. The city's inhabitants are referred to as
• Los Angeles was founded on September 4, 1781, by Spanish
governor Felipe de Neve. It became a part of Mexico in 1821
following the Mexican War of Independence. In 1848, at the end
of the Mexican-American War, Los Angeles and the rest of
California became parts of the United States.
• Nicknamed the City of Angels, Los Angeles is a world center of
business, international trade, entertainment, culture, media,
fashion, science, sports, technology, and education. Los Angeles
has been ranked the third richest city and fifth most powerful and
influential city in the world.
5. Celebrities don`t only work in LA, they also live in and around the city. Most celebrities` homes are in Beverly Hills, an areanear LA.
6. If there is one city that is even more beautiful and glamorous than Beverly Hills, it is Malibu, known for its beautifulbeaches.
7. You may have more luck on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills where the expensive shops are. Many celebrities are likely to go thereto do
Rodeo Drive Shopping District - Los Angeles.
8. LA is famous for one of its suburbs, Hollywood which is the capital of world movie production.There is one more popular place in
LA, it is the Walk of Fame.
All famous Hollywood celebrities:
film directors, producers, camera
operators, actors, actresses and
musicians are mentioned on this
sidewalk, made out of bronze stars.
9. The most famous movie theatres of LAThe Kodak theatre
The Mann's Chinese Theatre
The Egyptian theatre
10. It is the Kodak theatre, where the most important event in show business (show biz) - the Oscars take place (Academy awards).
11. Hollywood and Highland is a huge shopping mall that leads to the Kodak theatre.