Healthy lifestyle: Sleep
1. Healthy lifestyle: SleepHEALTHY LIFESTYLE:
студент группы МБ-175:
■ Two types of people
■ How much sleep is necessary for health?
■ Do you get enough sleep?
■ One hour before sleep time
■ What are the health effects of not getting enough sleep?
There is a distinction between
people who jump out of bed
early every morning and fling
themselves straight into their
challenging schedule and those
who lie there for ages before
struggling to the kitchen to
make themselves their first
caffeine kick of the day.
4. Why do you need sleep at all?■ Sleep favourably affects the organs and muscles: it helps them to rest;
■ neutralizes toxins that are produced during the day;
■ forms a long-term memory, strengthens new skills;
■ analyzes the General state of the body;
■ forms immunocompetent cells, in other words, increases immunity.
necessary for health?
Your body needs adequate sleep to
repair and recharge itself. Experts
recommend an average of about 8
hours sleep a night. Too little sleep
can affect your mood, your work,
and how you feel.
6. Do you get enough sleep?To determine whether you are getting enough
sleep, ask yourself:
■ Am I often tired?
■ Am I using caffeine to get through the day?
■ Do I sleep well?
■ Do I wake up feeling refreshed?
■ Do I get drowsy while driving or watching
7. One hour before sleep timeTo get yourself the best night’s sleep,
it is important to establish a winddown hour to make the transition
from your active day and evening
activities to your sleep time. By
taking an hour to just chill out and
relax before going to sleep, you will
find that your sleep is far more
restful, and calming.
8. What are the health effects of not getting enough sleep?Sleep is important for overall health. When you don't get enough sleep (sleep
deprivation), it does more than just make you feel tired. It can affect your performance,
including your ability to think clearly, react quickly, and form memories. This may
cause you to make bad decisions and take more risks. People with sleep deprivation
are more likely to get into accidents.
9. Get enough sleepSufficient sleep is essential to a
healthy mind and body. Your
life improves in every way
when you wake feeling
refreshed and ready for the day