1. ENGLISH-SPEAKING COUNTRIES
U - UNKNOWN
S - STRANGE
T - TREMENDOUS
R - REAL
A - ADMIRABLE
L - LOVELY
I - IMPORTANT
A - ATTRACTIVE
3. History of Australia1.The east coast of Australia was discovered by
Captain Cook in 1770
2. Australia became a British prison colony
3. In 1901 Australia became a free nation but
remained a part of British Commonwealth
people of Australia. They
came about 40 000 years
ago from Indonesia.
is one of the official flags.
Seven – pointed star=
7. Answer the question:Where is Australia
8. Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere
9. Answer the question:Is it a continent
or an island?
10. It is the world’s largest island and the smallest continent7,692,024 km²
11. Answer the question:What bodies of water
do wash the continent?
12. It is washed by: - the Pacific Ocean - the Indian Ocean
13. Answer the questions:In
what way is Australia divided?
What are the Australian states?
14. The Commonwealth of Australia
5 big cities
of Australia is
Great deserts cover
2 000 000 square
23. This is one of the most famous Australian animals. It looks like a teddy bear. It spends most of his life in eucalyptus trees and eats only these trees.Koala
24. A wild dog which is yellowish brown and has a bushy tail.Dingo
25. This mammal lays eggs. It is an animal, but his “nose” is like the duck’s onePlatypus
New South Wales: Platypus
South Australia: Hairy-Nosed Wombat
New South Wales:
Western Australia: Numbat
Tasmania: Tasmanian Devil
Northern Territory: Red Kangaroo
28. Guess the name of the most famous Australian actor:His name is the first three letters in
the name of Victoria’s capital.
His surname is the name of one of the
deserts in Australia.
What is his name?