Категория: Английский язык
Present Simple Present Continuous
Svetlana Alexandrovna Sveshnikova,
PhD, Associate Professor,
Match these meanings with
A.Things which are happening at the moment
B.Things which are always true
D.Situations which are slowly changing
E.Permanent situations (or nearly permanent)
F.Habits or things we do regularly
G.Annoying habits (usually with 'always')
at the moment
in the morning
She … (have) a bath every evening.
My husband … (always / taste) the food while I’m cooking! It’s very
I … (not / think) that’s a good idea.
They … (not / have) a car.
I … (not / see) anything, I can’t work the telescope.
The waiter … (taste) the wine now.
… (you / want) a sandwich?
A: What … (you / do)? B: I … (think) about my ex-boyfriend.
A: Achoo! B: Bless you! … (you / have) a cold?
A: Where’s Luke? B: He … (see) the doctor now.
PRESENT CONTINUOUS and PRESENT SIMPLE for
We use the present simple for timetabled
My plane leaves at 4pm tomorrow.
The match starts at 8pm.
arrangements with other people.
I’m seeing my doctor at 6.30.
situation? Use these words to write predictions.
burn / catch / cut / drop
1. Be careful! That tree … (fall).
2. Do you need my help? – No, thanks. Tom … (help) me.
3. Hurry up! The conference … (begin) in 20 minutes.
4. I … (see) you sometime this evening.
5. Look at these big black clouds! It … (rain).
6. Our train … (leave) at 4:47.
7. The English test … (be)on June 7th.
8. This summer I … (stay) here. What are your plans?
9. What … you … (wear) at the party tonight?
10. What does a blonde say when she sees a banana skin
lying just a few metres in front of her?
«Oh dear! I … (slip)!»
Practise the future forms
Do the reading task (deadline October, 28)
Add 10 new words to your Vocabulary List