Категория: Английский язык
How much do you know about Great Britain?
1. How much do you know about Great Britain?
2. What countries does The United Kingdom consist of?
3. Name the river London is situated on.
4. Who is the Official Head of State in Britain?
5. What is the name of the biggest clock in London?
6. What is the official residence of Queen Elisabeth II? 1) The Royal Albert Hall 2) The Buckingham Palace 3) The Tower of London
7. What is the surname of The Royal Family? 1) Stuart 2) Windzor 3) Windsor
8. When did Queen Elisabeth II come to the throne? 1) 1966 2) 1976 3) 1952
9. The British Prime Minister lives at… 1) 23 Oxford Street 2) 12 Russel Street 3) 10 Downing Street 4) 6 Whitehall
10. The Union Jack is… 1) the flag of the UK 2) the flag of Wales 3) the flag of England 4) the flag of Northern Ireland
11. What is the symbol of the United Kingdom?1
12. Match the countries with the flowers.1)
13. Match the Queens with their pictures.Queen Elisabeth 1
2) Queen Elisabeth 11
3) Queen Victoria
4) Queen Mary 1
14. Match the dates with the events. 1901 1666 1564 1066 1) William the Conqueror invaded the British Isles 2) Queen Victoria died 3) The Great Fire of London took place 4) William Shakespeare was born
15. What is the name of the most famous British detective story writer?
16. Which play is not written by William Shakespeare? 1) Macbeth 2) The Merchant of Venice 3) Julius Caesar 4) Faust 5) As you like it
17. Who wrote this poem: “My heart’s in the Highlands, my heart is not here, My heart’s in the Highlands a-chasing the deer, A-chasing the wild deer and following the roe- My heart’s in the Highlands, wherever I go…” 1)W. Shakespeare 2) R. Burns 3Who wrote this poem:
“My heart’s in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart’s in the Highlands a-chasing the deer,
A-chasing the wild deer and following the roeMy heart’s in the Highlands, wherever I go…”
2) R. Burns
3) O. Wilde
18. Who said these words: “ I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a King…” 1) Queen Elisabeth II 2) Queen Elisabeth I 3) Queen Victoria
19. Name the member of the English royal family who lived more than 100 years old.
20. Match the names of sights with their picturesTower of London
2) Trafalgar Squire
3) Westminster Abbey
4) Buckingham Palace