State of Nevada
1. NEVADAИзмайлов Александр
2. Nevada basic information▰
Nevada is a state in the Western, Mountain West,
and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Carson City is the capital of the state of Nevada.
Nevada is officially known as the "Silver State" because
of the importance of silver to its history and economy.
Nevada is the 33rd most populous state in the U.S. and
has a population of almost 3 million
The total area of Nevada is 286,000 sq km
3. Nevada’s climate▰ Nevada is the driest state in the United States.
▰ The average summer temperature approaches 25 °C in much of the state.
While winters in northern Nevada are long and fairly cold.
▰ The lowest recorded temperature is −46 °C / The highest is 52 °C
4. Nevada's animalsDangerous animals in Nevada include for instance:
scorpions, mountain lions, snakes, lizards, spiders, wolves, coyotes, black bears.
Especially venomous reptiles. There are a lot of them.
5. Nevada’s floraThe flora of Nevada is various and differs by state area. Nevada
contains six biotic zones:
▰ bull pine
▰ sage brush
6. Nevada’s neighbors▰ It borders Oregon to the
northwest, Idaho to the
northeast, California to the
west, Arizona to the
southeast, and Utah to the
7. Red Rock Canyon National Park▰ Red Rock Canyon is one of the most popular
national parks in Nevada. It is about 24 km west
of Las Vegas.
▰ It’s got unusual flora & fauna. (More than 600 types
▰ Over 100 bird species and more than 45 different
kinds of mammals.
▰ And there is a very picturesque landscape of Canyon
9. Humboldt River▰ The Humboldt River runs through
northern Nevada in the western
▰ The length of this river is about
470 km. It is the fifth largest
river in the United States
▰ The river is named for
the German naturalist Alexander