Higher medical education in the USA
1. Higher medical education in the USA
2. Peculiarities of entering campaign1. Тo prepare a pack of
2. To write an essay on "Why I
want to be a doctor"
3. To have recommending
4. To pass a hard interview
Entrance exams to universities of the USA aren’t
held - admission is performed according to the
results of final school tests SAT. After college,
students enter medical schools, where they are
taught during 4 years.
3. Form of education“Double Helix” form of education is based on the
principle of fusion of theory and practice, when
students from the first course dive into clinical
medicine, simultaneously studying fundamental
4. Form of education1,2 years
- basics of psychiatry;
- obstetrics and
4th year – STEP 2:
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
5. Residency (from 3 to 7 years)The first year of residency is called the internship.
Interns spend almost the whole year in hospitals.
license, which must be held every ten years.
7. Student’s lifeStudents of many high
schools and colleges are
united in «phraties» (from
purposes of their activity
- the organization of
including sports, carrying
out of charitable actions,
all-round aid to
"brothers" and etc.
8. It is the typical form of preparation for seminars: students gather in groups of 3-5 persons and try to understand material by discussion in group.
part of student’s life, as it’s
not only a place of studying,
but mainly interacting with